A Channel nine reporter has been remaining shaken after a gentleman allegedly armed with a screwdriver grabbed her during a are living broadcast from London.

The network’s Europe Correspondent Sophie Walsh was broadcasting are living to Adelaide at 6pm about protests in the wake of Minneapolis gentleman George Floyd’s loss of life when she started to scream.

The attack was not captured on movie but Walsh was obviously distressed in the are living audio feed.

“Sorry, I just … I just had a person appear up and consider and … yeah. A gentleman just arrived up and grabbed me. He’s not armed. A gentleman just arrived up and grabbed me though,” she explained.

The network stories the gentleman shouted “allahu akbar” whilst generating motions to stab her prior to he was chased down by digital camera operator Jason Conduit.

The alleged attacker was arrested for threats to eliminate and for possessing a weapon, Nine stories.

On Twitter, Walsh wrote that Conduit “chased him down armed with a light stand and bought him arrested”.

media_digital cameraSophie Walsh’s alleged attacker was arrested in London. Photograph: Nine Information

In a statement, Nine explained Walsh was “rattled by the encounter” but “unharmed”.

“The offender was really swiftly apprehended by law enforcement and has since been billed. Nine Information appreciates the great force our international correspondents are presently below and is presenting Sophie all the support she requirements.

“Sophie is grateful for the outpouring of support she has acquired from the general public and wishes to reassure our viewers that she is safe and sound and perfectly.”

Walsh was masking impending protests that have unfold from Minneapolis after Floyd, a black gentleman, was killed at the arms of white law enforcement.

More than a week after Floyd’s loss of life, protests have sprung up around the world. In the British isles, law enforcement chiefs issued a joint statement requesting peaceful protests after riots broke out in other places.

The attack will come less than 48 several hours after an Australian crew from Channel 7’s Sunrise application had been turned on by law enforcement whilst masking protests in Washington DC.

7 Information reporter Amelia Brace and digital camera operator Timothy Myers had been offering a are living update from outside the house the White Home when they had been shoved by heavily-armed law enforcement.

Brace was clubbed with a truncheon and Myers was struck with a riot shield.

Speaking on Sunrise this morning, Brace explained they had been the two “worse for wear” nowadays, admitting they had been in all probability operating on “adrenaline” in the wake of the attack.

“I can come to feel throughout the back of my shoulders in which I bought whacked by the baton, and we have these welts from the rubber bullets – it is related to if you bought shot too intently by a paintball gun,” the reporter described.

“We just are glad that the bullets had been rubber and not authentic bullets – I would have panicked if I hadn’t realised that it was not a authentic bullet.”

The Australian embassy in Washington DC has achieved out to the US Condition Office about the incident.

Australian Ambassador to the US Arthur Sinodinos explained: “We are offering consular support to the Australian citizens involved and my staff will continue on to look at on their wellbeing.”

Originally published as Aussie reporter attacked are living on air