Energex is in cost of building and restoring all the items that make up the electric power grid in South-East Queensland, including Brisbane and the Gold and Sunshine Coasts. We are going to go by way of the get hold of particulars you might have to have, as properly as how what they do isn’t really the very same as stores like AGL or Vitality Australia.
Energex get hold of data
There are a handful of different techniques to get in contact with Energex, relying on your goal.
- Typical enquiries. thirteen twelve fifty three (7am to 5:30pm weekdays).
- Electrical emergencies. thirteen 19 sixty two (24/seven).
- Ability outages. thirteen sixty two sixty two (24/seven).
If you have difficulties listening to, get hold of the Nationwide Relay Company on thirteen 36 77 (teletypewriter) or 1300 555 727 (discuss and hear), and then ask for Energex’s standard get hold of amount, thirteen twelve fifty three.
For normal enquiries or issues, you can use the Energex get hold of type. You can anticipate a response within just 5 business times.
What to do in a electric power outage
If your house suddenly loses electric power, follow these methods:
- Has there been an crisis? For fallen powerlines or electric shocks, use Energex’s crisis line on thirteen 19 sixty two. If men and women have been injured or damage, ask for crisis support by way of 000.
- Look at for outage reviews. Energex has a list of outages it updates each individual fifteen minutes that can be searched, or sorted by suburb and council. These will list how numerous men and women have been influenced in addition the bring about of the outage, if identified.
- Report it. If the outage isn’t really detailed, you can ring up Energex on thirteen sixty two sixty two or lodge a electric power outage report employing this type. They’re going to do the job on fixing it as quickly as they can.
Extreme weather conditions can bring about outages and hold off the restoration of electric power. Energex provides a lightning tracker resource so you can see exactly where lightning has struck and how it might be affecting electric power attempts.
Who is Energex?
Energex is a electric power distributor that covers most of the city centres in the South-East of Queensland, building and sustaining infrastructure that provides energy to three.four million people.
Energex was corporatised in 1997. It was merged with Ergon Vitality below father or mother company Vitality Queensland by the Queensland condition govt in 2016, which has its headquarters primarily based in Townsville.
How is Energex different to Vitality Australia, AGL, and other stores you might discover on your monthly bill?
As a distributor, Energex is dependable for the electric power supply network – the physical poles and wires that type the energy grid – but not electric power era or retail. Vitality Australia, AGL, and other businesses are stores, who give strength contracts to consumers.
These stores order electric power from the network at a wholesale price, and then resell it to their consumers with the strength contracts, premiums, and tariffs you happen to be utilised to observing. Shops aren’t involved in sustaining or building the electric power network, compared with Energex.
You need to only get hold of Energex about network problems, these kinds of as electric power outages or supply difficulties. They will not likely be in a position to assistance you with queries about your strength monthly bill or electrical difficulties in your home, which are the business of stores or electricians.
What parts are serviced by Energex?
The Energex network covers an location of around twenty five,000 sq. kilometres in South East Queensland. It stretches all the way from the northern border of NSW to the Gympie area in the north, and features big population parts like Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Ipswich, Redlands, Logan, and Moreton Bay.
Energex borders Crucial Vitality in the south, a NSW distributor that providers a handful of towns on the NSW-Queensland border. The other electric power distributor in Queensland is Ergon Vitality, a govt-owned distributor that serves the regional components of the condition.
Evaluate energy strategies in the Energex distribution network
Based mostly on the AER once-a-year product use in the Energex network, the AER reference price is $one,508 / year.
Get me prices employing my postcode