In a survey of 2,091 US buyers done on March 24, 2022 (of which 54.3% had acquired groceries on the web in the 12 months preceding the study), Coresight Analysis identified:
- Amazon is the most-shopped on the net grocery retailer but does not capture complete baskets, with all those who have bought groceries online from Amazon much more probably than the typical shopper to have performed just about none or a smaller amount of their grocery browsing on the internet.
- The proportion of respondents who used Amazon Fresh, Amazon’s comprehensive-selection typical truck shipping and delivery assistance, observed a drop in the latest survey period of time after developing for 4 consecutive many years.
- The proportion of Amazon Key users who get groceries on Amazon is trending downward.
- Online grocery consumers aged 18–44 are far more probable to use quick-shipping and delivery (two-hour and similar-day) companies than more mature individuals
- 48.2% of on the web grocery shoppers say they collect their orders —up 5.2 percentage factors from final yr and reversing a prior multiyear drift towards delivery, suggests Coresight Exploration: “We have seen a widescale adoption of grocery pickup solutions by suppliers and shoppers making an attempt to circumvent transportation delays and greater delivery charges and surcharges.”